Nothing says home sweet home like a rug that gloriously fits the aesthetic of your house. You want the perfect rug that says ‘This is MY home’, something that soothes you as you put your feet on it after a long, hard day.
Nothing says self-care quite like sinking your toes into a soft, comfy rug! However, searching for the perfect rug can be a little like trying to find a needle in a haystack.
This is why there are companies out there that are tailor-made to cater to rugs, and rugs alone. So, you know that when you shop with them, these people are rug pros, with the life goal of ensuring anyone and everyone gets their dream rug in their home.
One of these places is Ruggable, you may have heard of them. A company that specializes entirely in rugs, with so many sizes, styles, and colors available there is something for everyone. Hell, they even do Halloween and Christmas rugs!
We know what you are going to ask, we know that you are searching for your dream rug, and so you will be feeling cautious before buying a rug from anyone. You have probably been hurt before, promised your dream rug and then let down.
That is why, today, we are going to go deep down into Ruggable, giving you all the information you could ever dream of, so you know if Ruggable is for you. So, let us polish your crystal ball, clear our minds, and tell you if we see Ruggable in your future.
What We Know About Ruggable Rugs
Ruggable rugs are a stylish 2-piece rug system that are not only light-weight, but they are also stain-resistant, and machine washable! Thank god!
This makes them ideal for everyone, including parents with messy kids, and pet owners who are fed up with hand washing their rugs. So you’ll be able to look after your well-being with less hassle to clean your rug.
Today we will review Ruggable Rugs for you, we will cover all the key elements of the brand, and its vast product base.
We are here, doing this, because we want to make sure that you make a well-informed purchase decision, and that you get the rug of your dreams, with no hassle!
A Review of Ruggable Rugs
Let’s start off with our review today by looking at the things we know you are thinking about.
First of all… Sizes!
There are few things in life that are quite as painstaking as buying what you thought was your dream rug only to find out that it is best suited for a doll house, or a giants living room.
With Ruggable, you do not have to worry so much about sizing. All Ruggable rugs come in 590 unique designs, they literally have something for everyone.
They offer practical, functional, and stylish options for any living area or work space you can think of. Ideal if you want something to fit with looking after your wellness.
They have four sizes for you to choose from.
- 8×10. This is a simple way to personalize any spacious room. A good option for bedrooms or living spaces, for sure. This size will cost you around £399.
- Next they have the 6×9 option. This is a good option for cozy spaces, or as a focal point in a roomy area, again, another good living room option. This size will cost you around $299.
- What about the 5×7 option? If you want something a little smaller, maybe for the kids bedroom, you can get this. It is best for medium-sized rooms, so if you have a young kid who needs a rug, this is a great option for you. This size will cost you around $199.
- Finally, they have the 3×5 option. This is a stylish way to add some style to an entryway, or give a small space that extra bit of pzazz we know you want. This size will cost you around $109.
If you fancy something a little different, perhaps something to give your hallway a uniqueness, then you can try out Ruggable runners. These create a unique and polished, yet wonderfully practical transition in your hallway.
Again, you can get these in over 590 designs, and they come in 2 different sizes.
- You can get the 2.5×10. This is the larger option and will typically cost around $189.
- Or, you can get the 2.5×7. This is the smaller option, and this will typically cost around $139.
Next, let’s look at… Colors!
No one wants to have a rug that matches everyone else. It’s your home, you want it to look as unique as you do, right? So, the Ruggable website streamlines the color selection progress for you.
You have the dropdown menu that will offer popular color combinations, then there is the left sidebar that will break it down even further by providing the number of designs offered in specific colors.
What more would you ask for! It really has it all there, ready for you to choose.
So, when you look at Ruggable rugs, there are 6 color combinations available. Let’s have a look, shall we?
- Blue and Green. You can go from teal, to turquoise, navy, or emerald. You have so much choice with 193 distinct Ruggable designs in these colors. Furthermore, you really are spoiled for choice!
- Black. For those who seek out a more chic and sophisticated aesthetic in a living space or work area. There are 55 Ruggable designs available in black. 55! Who knew there could be so many!
- Gray/Silver. If you like the cool or warm aesthetic that these colors can bring, you will be overjoyed by the 96 designs you can get in this color combination!
- Neutrals. If you like a more basic look, nothing to stand out too much, then neutral is also available. Ruggable offers 37 designs in more neutral tones, you can have many patterns, hues, and textures.
- White/cream. Perhaps you are looking for a cleaner look, something that adds just enough to your aesthetic. Rugs in these shades tend to create a more spacious look. They are also safe and easy addictions to any room you choose. You have 35 design options in these colors.
- Multicolor options. Perhaps you are a more bubbly and vibrant person, and you want your home to reflect that, and a rug to match. Well, their multi color options are available in 90 different designs. It really doesn’t get much better than this, does it?
Next up… Styles!
Style is important in your home, it has to match the vibe of your home and the look that you are going for when you design it. There are many different styles you can choose from with Ruggable. However, there are 10 favorite rug styles, let’s take a look at them!
- Moroccan style rugs. These are inspired by the unique patterns in morocco. You will find 56 designs here.
- Geometric style rugs. Want something more visually captivating, try out this modern style, with 125 designs.
- Bohemian style rugs. What about an electric take on the modern rug with some fun and funky patterns thrown to it for a splash of individuality? Available in 66 designs.
- Solid and Ombre style rugs. With these, you can get cozy and comforting, or daring and attention grabbing. With 26 designs available.
- Modern tribal rugs. Perhaps you seek something a little more bold and eye-catching, with a little Southwestern motif? Available in 47 designs.
- Traditional rugs. Maybe you are just a sucker for the traditional. Grab yourself a rug with florals, borders, and medallions. In 69 designs.
- Floral rugs. Maybe you want something that will go with a farmhouse, something shabby chic, or even modern. If you like florals with a touch of glam, this could be the one for you. In 112 designs!
- Contemporary rugs. Maybe you are just a sucker for the contemporary. A minimalist who likes clean lines and subtle colors. Try this, in 24 designs.
- Transitional rugs. Mix up contemporary with old-world charm with a transitional rug. You can’t go wrong, with 121 designs.
- Persian rugs. Do you just love Persian rugs? Why not get one then? These are inspired by patterns and colors that are typically associated with Persian rug design. And you can choose from 40 designs!
Now, let’s consider… Ruggable Featured Rugs!
There are many different rug styles that you can get with Ruggable, but not only will you witness their vast line of styles, designs, colors, sizes and more, you will also be able to choose from their featured style rugs.
There are 4 different types of featured Ruggable rugs that you can choose from. These are them;
- The Best Sellers! These rugs are the Ruggable customers top picks in area rugs and runners. Here you will typically find around 35 designs available.
- The New Arrivals. Get a first gander at the brand new, freshly designed additions. You will typically find around 55 designs here.
- The Disney style. If you are a Disney fan, look no further. These sometimes have bold, and sometimes subtle patterns that are perfection for any Disney lover. You will usually find around 27 different designs here.
- The Mixed Modern. This is the home of the unique blend of tradition and newer elements in rugs. You will often find around 28 designs here.
A Ruggable Overview
Now that we have a good idea of what you will find in stock at Ruggable, let’s learn a little more about Ruggable as a whole.
Ruggable was founded by Jeneva Bell back in 2010, Jeneva wanted to create a washable and more liveable carpet rug, she experimented with several designs before she came up with and patented the 2-piece rug system.
While Ruggable works with certified suppliers in China, Germany, Korea, and Mexico. Every rug is made-to-order and then packaged in either Chicago or Los Angeles.
Ruggable washable rugs are very unique in the carpet and rug industry for a few reasons. Let’s take a look at what makes them really stand out.
- Ruggable rugs are made by a 2-piece system.
- They also employ a cling effect technology.
- Ruggable rugs are crafted with sustainable materials.
- Ruggable rug covers are also machine-washable (Thank God!)
- Back in 2018, the Ruggable washable rug was the winner of ‘The Next Big Thing’ competition on NBC’s ‘Today Show’.
- The company ‘Ruggable’ employs a multi-channel marketing approach when it comes to selling their rugs.
Never mind all that… How does it work?
Well, using that nifty cling effect technology, Ruggable washable rugs use a patented 2-piece system. This means that the bottom layer is a non-slip pad which grips onto the floor and works a bit like an anchor for the interchangeable cover.
This technology keeps the cover attached securely to the pad, until you remove it because it needs a good wash. The covers are fully replaceable as well, and they are available in a wide range of colors and designs too.
These covers are also made using 95% recycled polyester, they don’t absorb any liquid which makes them both stain resistant and water resistant. These rugs are also hypoallergenic, and machine-washable, so they make life easier for everyone.
But, before we move on, let us have a look at the pros and cons of Ruggable.
- Ruggable rugs are both hypoallergenic and latex free. So if you have allergies, you can still enjoy your dream rug!
- These rugs are machine washable, so bare minimum effort in maintaining a spotless home.
- When you venture onto the website, customers are encouraged to share Instagram photos of the rugs being used in their homes, so you also get to see images of the real world product, not just stock photos.
- They offer an interest-free Afterpay service to customers based in the US.
- You can find a whole plethora of discount codes available online too!
- Each rug is made to order, so you know yours is unique.
- Any item purchased from the Ruggable site can be returned for a full refund, aside from return shipping, within 30 days of the delivery date.
- On the downside, the larger sized rugs might not fit in a standard sized washing machine.
- The Afterpay service does have limitations, one of these being that it is only offered to customers in the US, and the cart value has to be between $35 and $1000, although that shouldn’t be too difficult.
- The customer discounts do not apply to Disney rugs, sale items, swatches or gift cards and also cannot be used with any other offers.
- If you want a sample, you must purchase it.
- You cannot get an exchange, only a return.
- Their free shipping applies to standard shipping only. And this shipping does not include Hawaii, Alaska, or other US territories other than Washington, DC.
- Ruggable does not ship internationally at the moment either. They only ship in the USA.
- You will also not get a delivery to a PO box.
Can You Wash Ruggable?
We know you are thinking about it now. We were too… if some of their rugs are washable, how do you do it? Can you just chuck it in and hope for the best? For that kind of money, we wouldn’t risk it, and we don’t think you would either.
Both the Ruggable covers and the pads are easily cleanable. The rug covers are machine washable, which is just a dream come true. Their products that are sized; 2.5ftx7ft, 2.5ftx10ft, and 3ftx5ft can all fit into a 2.2 cubic foot washing machine.
The products that are sized; 5ftx7ft, 6ftx9ft, and 8ftx10ft, will all fit into a 3.8 cubic foot washing machine. So if you want to ensure that you can machine wash your rug, make sure that you check what size washing machine you use first.
When you are washing a Ruggable washable rug cover, you only need to follow some simple instructions. Check out the following;
- Washing first in a cold water setting.
- Use a mild and non-bleaching detergent, if it has bleaching then the rug may stain, no one wants that!
- Once the rug cover is clean, place it in a dryer on low heat, or hang it up to dry.
- WARNING! Do not use fabric softener, as this could result in a surface flattening of the rug, and therefore ruins the original aesthetic of the rug.
If you are washing the Ruggable washable rug pads, then these can be spot-cleaned by hand. Follow these steps to do so;
- Remove all solids from the pads surface, perhaps give it a pat down.
- Soak up any excess liquid with a cloth or towel. Microfiber is best.
- If needed, gently wipe down the surface with some warm and soapy water.
- Rinse it off.
- Hang it up and leave it to air dry.
If you want to be extra cautious to maintain your whole rug set-up. Then a natural compound such as Borax, or EC3 is safe to use on Ruggable rugs. You can use these without any worries of compromising the integrity of the rug.
When you are vacuuming, you should also use a low suction setting, avoid any heavy beater brushes, or any other abrasive attachments. You do not want to risk any damage to the rug.
Ruggable also strongly suggests that you avoid using autonomous robotic vacuuming systems, such as a Roomba, when you have a Ruggable rug.
Where Can I Buy Ruggable Rugs?
So, after all this so far, you might be wondering where you can get one of these rugs. Well, there are plenty of options for where you can buy these rugs. You can purchase them from retail, or online.
Let’s have a look at what your options are, so you can weigh up your options.
Buying from retail
Jump on Google real quick, and you will see that Ruggable rugs are available for sale at some retail stores in both the United States and Canada.
Just remember that retail stores may not have the full spectrum of options that you would find online. These are the stores that sell Ruggable rugs;
- Bed Bath and Beyond.
- Home Depot.
- Pier 1.
If you have a hankering for some Ruggable rugs, then all the Ruggable products are fully available online on their website.
Some online retailers may also carry Ruggable products, it’s just a case of doing a wide web search, Of course, as is with anything else these days, there is also a large selection of Ruggable washable rugs on Amazon.com as well.
What Other Customers are Saying
Nowadays, everyone leaves a review of everything, and if you are anything like most people who do a lot of online shopping these days, you probably enjoy looking at product reviews to see what other people think of the product you are looking to purchase.
Well, you’re here aren’t you, so you must be wise enough to check before you purchase.
You will be happy to know that every single Ruggable rug’s review that features on their site is positive and rated at 5 stars! That is good news!
When you search the internet for reviews, however, you turn up a mixture of feelings, but isn’t that true for anything.
You will find lots of good, and plenty of bad reviews. We will look at a few of these for the purpose of this review, and save you the time of reading them all yourself.
On Amazon.com, the average review of Ruggable rugs was mixed, it was 44% 5-star, and 31% 1 star, and then a few in between opinions.
A vast majority of people who left positive reviews seemed to come from pet-owners to parents who praise the rugs for being easy to wash and durable, as you would expect. These are the people who need rugs like this more than ever.
On the other hand, some complaints were made as well. These complaints were more diverse than the praises. Let’s look at some of the key points they made.
- Replacing the cover after cleaning was not as easy as advertised.
- The rug was not as colorful or as soft as it was advertised to be.
- After washing, some fraying happened around the edges.
One customer complained, saying that their Ruggable rug arrived dirty and covered in grease stains as well. However, Ruggable rugs have been tested and reviewed by 3 HGTV editors, all of whom rated the products favorably.
Similarly, the popular blog, ‘Oak Abode’, also purchased 2 Ruggable rugs online, and after 6 months of use, they posted their savagely honest review. In this review they described some negative opinions such as; the amount of time that is needed for the air drying post washing of the rug, an ‘iffy’ delivery date, as well as the curling of the rug’s edges.
Yet, at the end of the day, Oak Adobe, noted that despite all this, they were satisfied with the purchase of the Ruggable rugs.
Promotions and Discounts
Not only do we want to give you all of the information you will need prior to buying a Ruggable rug, but we also want to ensure that you get the absolute best deal on your Ruggable rug too.
So, for this reason, we searched online for the best deals you can get.
If you subscribe to the Ruggable website, then customers can receive a Ruggable coupon code for 10% off of their very first order, as well as receiving future promotions and offers via email.
So, if you were to buy two rugs at $399 each on your first purchase that would be $798 altogether, but with the 10% coupon code, you would only have to pay $718.20 instead. While it is only a small save, it is still a good save.
Then, any customer who refers a friend to Ruggable, will also receive a Ruggable discount code for 15% off per friend referred who makes a purchase.
So this means if you refer a friend to Ruggable, and they make a purchase you will get the 15% off, however, if you refer a friend to Ruggable, and they do not, you will not get the 15% off.
You sign up by going to the top right of the website homepage, and then share the link via an email, or via social media, whichever applies best to you and the people you want to share it with.
Ruggable also offers the Afterpay service as well, but do remember that this is only applicable to customers based in the US as an incentive to buy.
This service will allow customers to pay for their orders in 4 equal instalments made every two weeks without any added interest.
Do remember that if you want to use the Afterpay service that the value of your cart must be between $35 and $1000.
How Can I Contact Ruggable Rugs?
Whenever we are buying something, or have interest in a product or service, nothing is more annoying than not being able to find a way to contact the seller.
Knowing we have contact with the seller is extremely useful should you have any questions, or if something goes wrong. It is a security measure.
You have probably been there, bought a product, really excited about it, and then something goes wrong, or you have concerns, so you scour the internet in search of a way to get hold of the seller, yet lo and behold there is no contact information!
This is why it is so important for sellers of expensive, and high-end, quality products like the Ruggable rugs, to have contact information. Like these do.
If you have any questions, or are seeking further information about the Ruggable products and services, you can contact their customer care team.
Their customer care team can easily be reached by submitting a request on their main website, or by a simple email.
Email- [email protected]
The only downside here is that the company hours and the phone number are not listed on the Ruggable website.
Frequently Asked Questions
We are sure you have more questions. There is always more to know about any seller and retailer. We want to know what we are getting, including things about shipping, returns, and more.
In this section, we will answer all those burning questions about other aspects of Ruggable that we have not already covered in detail for you.
What can you tell me about the shipping policy?
If you order with Ruggable then they offer free standard ground shipping to the USA and Canada. However, this does not include Alaska, Hawaii, and US territories.
They also don’t currently offer international shipping. So if you want to get a coupon code by inviting a friend to buy with Ruggable, ensure that they are within mainland USA or Canada, or they will not be able to buy with Ruggable.
When delivering to the USA, deliveries usually take between 3 and 7 business days. Canadian deliveries, on the other hand, take 7 to 14 business days to arrive.
Do remember, though, these estimates don’t include the week of time it will take for your rug to be manufactured.
So if you are in the USA, anticipate a two-week waiting period, or around that, for your rug to arrive after you have made the order. If you are in Canada, you may want to anticipate a three-week waiting period between ordering your rug and receiving it.
Ruggable will use FedEx for their US deliveries. For Canada, they will use FedEx, or DHL for their deliveries.
What do I need to know about their return policy?
If you purchase an item from the Ruggable website, and it is not up to the standard that you had hoped for, or if there is an issue with the rug, then you can issue a return within 30 days of the delivery date (not the order date).
This does not include fees for the shipping of the returned item, though, so keep this in mind.
For you to receive a refund, Ruggable products must be returned in brand-new condition for a refund to be issued. Of course, if the item should arrive damaged then you will need proof of this, and it is wise to contact their customer care service to highlight this.
You should ensure that you tackle this on the day of delivery to ensure that there are no complications surrounding the request for a refund and return.
Should you wish to return an item with Ruggable, you must first send an email to the Ruggable staff with three simple things.
First of all you will need to provide your order number. Then you will also need to explain the reason for the item being returned. Finally, you will need to request a shipping label, or labels, depending on how many items need to be returned.
All returned orders need to be shipped in the original, or in similar packaging, so if you are not sure about your item, it is best to keep the packaging just in case, otherwise you may face some issues upon the request for a return.
Before you get the refund and the situation is resolved, bear in mind that the return shipping fee will be deducted from the original sale price.
So if your refund is missing a few dollars, this is because the cost of returning the item has been taken off of the refunded amount.
If you are wondering how much the shipping costs are for the rugs sold at Ruggable, then we have some information for you regarding this here.
- 3’x 5’. Should you return a cover and pad sized at 3ft by 5ft, then the shipping cost will be $20. If you are only returning the cover, then the shipping cost will only be $15.
- 2.5’x 7’. Should you wish to return a 2.5ft by 7ft cover and pad, the shipping cost will be $20, if it is only the cover you wish to return them the shipping cost will only be $15.
- 2,5’x 10ft. If you wish to return a cover and pad sized 2.5ft by 10ft, then the shipping cost will be $25. However, if you are only returning the cover, then it will only be $20 shipping.
- 5’x 7’. If you want to return a 5ft by 7ft cover and pad then the shipping cost will be $25, however, for cover only, it is $20.
- 6’x 9’. If you wish to return a 6ft by 9ft cover and pad, the shipping cost is $30. However, for cover only, the shipping fee will only be $20.
- 8’x 10’. Should you decide to return a 8ft by 10ft cover and pad, the cost to return this will be $40. Yet, if you are only returning the cover, then it will only cost $25.
For customers that are in Alaska, Canada, or Hawaii then it is their responsibility to purchase return shipping labels, in the event that they wish to return their item.
When your returned item arrives at the Ruggable facility. It might take up to 5 working days for it to be fully processed, and for you to then receive your refund.
Remember that they will wish to inspect the returned item, and as is with anything in the 21st Century, there will be paperwork.
It is also important to note today, that sample swatches and sample sale items which are sold by Ruggable, are considered to be final sale products, and therefore, these items are not eligible for return.
If you purchase a Ruggable product at any retail location, you cannot return the product to Ruggable, the product must instead be returned to the point of sale. If you bought it at Walmart, you return it to Walmart.
Returns must be made with the seller of the item and not the developer.
As it currently stands, Ruggable doesn’t offer exchanges, only refunds and returns. If a customer should wish for a different design, color, or size, then they must email the customer care team in order to start the return process.
After the return and the refund are processed, the customer can then place a new order. While you will have lost money in the shipping, this is the current way of working that the company uses.
What is a 2-piece rug, and how does it cling together?
This is a great question and honestly, we have been wondering this too. The cling effect technology on the underside of the rug cover allows it to cling to the rug pad and stay in place.
This can be detached and then reattached as much as needed without the rug pad losing its grip on the cover.
Can I use the rug cover without a rug pad?
Sadly, no. Ruggable rugs are two-piece systems, which means that one doesn’t work without the other. If you have the pad and two covers, you could switch them over, as long as they are the same size. However, you cannot just have a cover and no pad.
This will not work. This is a combination that is essential to keeping the Ruggable rug in place, and looking its absolute best.
What are the textures?
There are four textures with Ruggable; Chenille, Flat Weave, Plush, and Re-Jute. The Chenille covers are made of polyester with a polyurethane water-resistant barrier.
The Plush option is made of modacrylic, acrylic, and polyester with the same water resistant barrier, it is also mildew, stain, and flame-resistant.
They also have outdoor rug covers, indoor rug covers, and a lot of them have the same water-resistant barrier, so you can always trust your rug will stay strong.
The plush option is best if you have a messy home and want your rug to resist everything that could possibly happen.